Monday, January 29, 2007

Playing at friends

I know it's pathetic to have enjoyed reaching the milestone of 100 MySpace "friends", many of whom I have never met nor even communicated with. But how much lower have I sunk now I'm making friends not with strangers, not with theatre companies, but with individual plays? I'm deeply ashamed to reveal that instead of going down the pub, I know hang out with Black Watch and the NTS Young Company's The Recovery Position. Apparently, The Recovery Position is an Aquarius who doesn't want kids.

In yesterday's Scotland on Sunday you could read me on Star Catchers and theatre for the under-threes. There was also an interview with ex-Lyceum head honcho Kenny Ireland Ireland about a sitcom he's in.

Playwright Stuart Paterson was unusually absent from Scottish stages at Christmas, but he hasn't been idle. Nick Hern Books has just published his recent adaptations of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book and Michael Morpurgo's Kensuke's Kingdom.

No comments: